What is Cervical Cancer?
Dr. Richa Bansal
Consultant Gynaecological Oncosurgeon, Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgeon
Dr Richa Bansal has a focused and high volume practice in the field of Gynecological Oncology for the last 10 years. She is considered to be a Key opinion leader in the field among the medical community. Her surgical expertise is performing all the supra major gynecological oncological procedures including open, laparoscopic (keyhole) and robotic sugeries for Gynecological cancers including cancer of ovary, uterus, cervix, vagina, and vulva. Her niche areas of expertise include cytoreductive surgeries and HIPEC for cancer ovary and peritoneal surface malignancies, open or Robotic radical hysterectomy and retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for cancer of the uterus and cervix, radical vulvectomy and groin lymph node dissection.
Dr Richa Bansal has a special interest is dealing with gynecological malignancies in young women. Treatment decisions for these young women have to be strategically planned so as to preserve their reproductive and hormonal function without compromising their oncological outcomes. She also has a vast experience in treating women with Familial/Hereditary Cancer syndromes and in offering Genetic counselling and testing.
In addition to performing radical cancer surgeries, prevention of cancer and spreading cancer awareness are also her passion and she has been an invited speaker for Cancer awareness in women on several national and International platforms. She has presented scientific papers in several national and international conferences and has also contributed to book chapters in the field of Gynecological Cancers.
Dr Richa Bansal is committed to deliver the best care and treatment to the women with gynecological cancers and also to have a dedicated HIPEC and Robotic programme at Apollo hospital, Navi Mumbai.
- MBBS: Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai
- MS (Obstetrics and Gynecology): L. T. M. G. H, Sion, Mumbai
- DNB (Obstetrics and Gynecology): National Board of Examinations
- M Ch (Gynecological Oncology): Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai
- 11+ years of experience in the field of Gynecological Oncology
- Ovarian Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
- Cancer Cervix
- Hipec Specialist
- Vulva Cancer
- Vaginal Cancer
- Gestational Trophoblastic
- Severe Endometriosis
- Supra radical Gynec cancer surgeries
- Robotic and Laparoscopic cancer surgeries
- Gynecological malignancies
- Fertility preserving surgery for Gynecology cancers
- Genetic Counseling
- Member of Association of Gynecology Oncologists of India
- 1st prize in Abstract Presentation Competition in 6th national Conference Teen
and young Adult Cancers 2017
- Participated in CReDo workship International Collaboration for Research
methods Development in Oncology
- The project “Prevalenceof Human Papilloma Virus in Spouses of Men Diagnosed
with Oral and Oropharyngeal Cancer” is Under IRB Review